The Outpost Foundation
Cordially invites you to
The Spring Charity Event
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Plainfield Country Club
Edison, New Jersey
Format: Better-ball of partners. Prizes will be awarded to the winners and runners-up in a net division.
Course description (from The Private Course Guide - Daniel Wexler): The site of major victories by John Cook (the 1978 U.S. Amateur), Laura Davies (the 1987 U.S. Women’s Open) and Dustin Johnson (the 2011 Barclay’s), the Plainfield Country Club dates back to 1898 when Tom Bendelow built an initial 18-holes. Donald Ross’s subsequent work actually took place in two parts, with the original 18-holes opening in 1921, and three newer holes (13-15) being carved through adjacent woods in 1930. The result is rather an atypical Ross work, particularly in terms of its bunkering (which will not be mistaken for Pinehurst in terms of shape or placement) and the existence of two par 5s in excess of 580 yards. The challenge starts immediately with the 432-yard 1st and 443-yard 2nd but the layout’s most talked about run begins at the 588-yard 12th (where a brook threatens both the lay-up zone and the green’s left side), then extends into the woods with the 458-yard pond menaced 13th and the watery 228-yard 14th. The closers are equally notable. Following some new millennium restoration work by Gil Hanse, Plainfield is cleary bettered only by world #1 Pine Valley within the Garden State. (Golf Magazine #51 USA, Golf Digest #77 USA, Golfweek #26 Classic)
Event fee to include: lunch with beer, green fee, base caddie fee, driving range, locker, and scoring, on-course beer and snacks, open bar and passed/stationed appetizers during awards, tee gift, trophies and fees.
Tax Deductible Donation
Total invoiced pre-event
Caddie gratuity is due the day of play and the suggested fee is $55.00 per person.
Charity: The Outpost Foundation's primary purpose is to promote awareness and raise financial support for worthwhile charitable and educational causes in the United States through golf events and related activities. Funds raised will be contributed to an annual scholarship program to benefit our educational mission for need-based students. These annual scholarships will provide college tuition assistance to deserving students involved in the game of golf.
We thank you in advance for your generosity. The Outpost Foundation is very pleased to announce the first class of Outpost Scholarship recipients. These five young men and women are all remarkable in their own right and we are honored that they will be representing us as they continue their educations this fall. None of this would be possible without your support.
2017 Recipient List:
Read more at: http://outpostfoundation.org/2017-scholarship-winners/
- Simon Hale- Boot Ranch, TX - Texas Tech Health Science Center School of Medicine
- Brenna Schafer - Ballyneal, CO - University of West Florida
- Jonathan Mack - Elyria CC, OH - University of Cincinnati
- Matt Lehman - Chechessee Creek Club, SC - Furman University
- Jamie Campbell - Lost Dunes, MI - Western Michigan University
- Seamus Foley - Saucon Valley, PA - The Pennsylvania State University
- Brant Kummerfeld - Desert Forest, AZ - The first winner of the Outpost Foundation's PGA Scholarship, which will be awarded to a young golf professional to help with the cost of attaining their PGA certification.
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Plainfield Country Club - 1591 Woodland Avenue Edison, NJ 08820
- 11:30 AM - Registration and Practice Range and Locker Room Open
- 11:45 AM - Lunch in the Lower Lobby
- 1:15 PM - Announcements
- 1:30 PM - Modified Shotgun
- 5:30 PM - Appetizers, drinks and awards on the patio
ONLINE REGISTRATION CAN BE DONE BELOW.
Please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.